Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Behaviors:
- Intrusive, recurrent, and unwanted thoughts, images, or impulses that distress and/or interfere with the client's daily routine, job performance, or social relationships.
- Failed attempts to ignore or control these thoughts, images, or impulses or neutralize them with other thoughts and actions.
- Recognition that obsessive thoughts are a product of his/her own mind.
- Repetitive and/or excessive mental or behavioral actions are done to neutralize or prevent discomfort or some dreaded outcome.
- Recognition of repetitive thoughts and/or behaviors as being excessive and unreasonable, not realistic worries about life's problems.